Another Intake question Fuel Injectors quit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SDK
    #1McMoppoFan
    • Oct 2005
    • 12342

    Another Intake question Fuel Injectors quit

    So we put a new gasket in a 1998 Tahoe and it was running rough and the repair shop is saying the fuel injectors locked up due to taking them out for a week. Does this ever happen?
  • RNSF
    F'n your sister
    • Mar 2008
    • 10022

    #2
    Originally posted by SDK View Post
    So we put a new gasket in a 1998 Tahoe and it was running rough and the repair shop is saying the fuel injectors locked up due to taking them out for a week. Does this ever happen?
    This shouldnt happen, sounds like you getting hosed. You think they would lock up if the vehicle wasnt started for a week too?
    LOL U MAD

    Comment

    • SDK
      #1McMoppoFan
      • Oct 2005
      • 12342

      #3
      Originally posted by Redneckvert View Post
      This shouldnt happen, sounds like you getting hosed. You think they would lock up if the vehicle wasnt started for a week too?
      Right, his theory is that without the pressure behind the injector they went bad. Whatever fuckin gay.

      Comment

      • bluchev
        E.R.E.
        • Oct 2007
        • 12863

        #4
        Originally posted by SDK View Post
        So we put a new gasket in a 1998 Tahoe and it was running rough and the repair shop is saying the fuel injectors locked up due to taking them out for a week. Does this ever happen?





        --note to self.


        do not go back to that repair shop.


        what a crock of shit. did you check to see if you have injector pulse? is your distributor pickup all fucked up? its pretty common in those trucks, check to see if the magnetic trigger inside the distributor is all cracked to shit.
        check fuel pressure also, i think its like 12-15 psi on those tbi trucks.
        if you dont have injector pulse you wont have flow.

        Comment

        • Gipper
          George W. Randolph
          • Apr 2006
          • 5228

          #5
          Originally posted by bluchev View Post
          i think its like 12-15 psi on those tbi trucks.
          if you dont have injector pulse you wont have flow.
          He said it was a 1998 so it's probably not TBI.

          Comment

          • bluchev
            E.R.E.
            • Oct 2007
            • 12863

            #6
            lol, i guess should actually read the first post eh?

            oops

            Comment

            • bluchev
              E.R.E.
              • Oct 2007
              • 12863

              #7
              in that case since its a 98 it has a single injector with 8 plastic little lines, one going to each cylinder, check the connection.

              if it worked before you put a intake gasket in, you probably fucked something up in the process of re installation

              Comment

              • Gipper
                George W. Randolph
                • Apr 2006
                • 5228

                #8
                Originally posted by bluchev View Post
                lol, i guess should actually read the first post eh?

                oops


                Oh well.

                Comment

                • SDK
                  #1McMoppoFan
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 12342

                  #9
                  He said it has eight injectors. I'm pretty sure it does have eight individuals, I don;t have the tool to pulse them so I cannot confirm it myself. I'm just wondering if anyone ever heard of fuel injectors freezing up after a week unplugged. I know they can go bed after a while of sitting.

                  Comment

                  • bluchev
                    E.R.E.
                    • Oct 2007
                    • 12863

                    #10
                    Originally posted by SDK View Post
                    He said it has eight injectors. I'm pretty sure it does have eight individuals, I don;t have the tool to pulse them so I cannot confirm it myself. I'm just wondering if anyone ever heard of fuel injectors freezing up after a week unplugged. I know they can go bed after a while of sitting.
                    no a week unplugged will not hurt a thing. it has a central injector, not 8 individual injectors. alot of times the ends will get all carboned up and it will lead to driveability issues. its a pretty common failure though. check to see what your fuel pressure is first off.

                    Comment

                    • SDK
                      #1McMoppoFan
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 12342

                      #11
                      So only one injector fires and then the eight lines deliver the fuel? I haven;t seen under the upper intake myself. He made it sound like there are at least two injectors not firing and they come in an 8 pack.

                      Comment

                      • bluchev
                        E.R.E.
                        • Oct 2007
                        • 12863

                        #12
                        a picture is worth a thousand words.




                        the top picture is the oem set up, disregard the bottom pictures, they are some updated bullshit

                        Comment

                        • SDK
                          #1McMoppoFan
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 12342

                          #13
                          right on. Maybe it is a low pressure problem. That's why I went to school and fix myown shit. So I never have to bring stuff a repair shop.

                          The only reason this truck went in is because my dad knows I don't have time to deal with it.

                          Jeff Belzers sold him this truck with a bad intake and now they won't return his calls. I am gonna call the Civil Liberties Union and tell them Belzers takes advantage of old people.

                          Comment

                          • bluchev
                            E.R.E.
                            • Oct 2007
                            • 12863

                            #14
                            did the truck run like shit before you did the intake gasket?

                            Comment

                            • SDK
                              #1McMoppoFan
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 12342

                              #15
                              Originally posted by bluchev View Post
                              did the truck run like shit before you did the intake gasket?

                              No it ran fine. I just had the timing off and brought it in to get the dizzy out back in.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎
                              ☕