Another Intake question Fuel Injectors quit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bluchev
    E.R.E.
    • Oct 2007
    • 12863

    #16
    sounds fishy man.

    id say either someone dicked up on the install somehow or you just got unlucky and the injector decided to take a shit on you.

    if those poppet valves arent plugged in all the way i would imagine that would create a driveability problem. so did you do all the work or did you only do some of it?

    Comment

    • 95 whitestang
      TCS Homer
      • Jan 2006
      • 3601

      #17
      A vortec 5.7 has 8 individual injectors all located in one central spider looking thing. The single injector with 6 legs was in the early vortec 4.3 in the s10, blazers, and jimmys.



      Originally posted by mnstang
      there isn't one thing that makes tcs look stupid either, it's really just everything.
      Originally posted by 2 beer
      By the way, I am not riled up. I simply hate you.

      Comment

      • SDK
        #1McMoppoFan
        • Oct 2005
        • 12342

        #18
        Originally posted by bluchev View Post
        sounds fishy man.

        id say either someone dicked up on the install somehow or you just got unlucky and the injector decided to take a shit on you.

        if those poppet valves arent plugged in all the way i would imagine that would create a driveability problem. so did you do all the work or did you only do some of it?

        I put in an intake gasket and everything was complete. It would not start because I had the distributor in wrong and two wires crossed. So we towed it in to get the distributor installed.

        Comment

        • bluchev
          E.R.E.
          • Oct 2007
          • 12863

          #19
          Originally posted by 95 whitestang View Post
          A vortec 5.7 has 8 individual injectors all located in one central spider looking thing. The single injector with 6 legs was in the early vortec 4.3 in the s10, blazers, and jimmys.
          please refer to post #12.

          thanks.

          Comment

          • bluchev
            E.R.E.
            • Oct 2007
            • 12863

            #20
            Originally posted by SDK View Post
            I put in an intake gasket and everything was complete. It would not start because I had the distributor in wrong and two wires crossed. So we towed it in to get the distributor installed.
            get the fuel pressure checked out. if the fp is lower than 45 psi the injector wont fire.

            Comment

            • 95 whitestang
              TCS Homer
              • Jan 2006
              • 3601

              #21
              Originally posted by bluchev View Post
              get the fuel pressure checked out. if the fp is lower than 45 psi the injector wont fire.
              Except that I have replaced individual injectors out of the spider in those. You used to be able to order the injectors individually from GM. Each injector has its own set of wires if you look carefully in your picture.



              Originally posted by mnstang
              there isn't one thing that makes tcs look stupid either, it's really just everything.
              Originally posted by 2 beer
              By the way, I am not riled up. I simply hate you.

              Comment

              • SDK
                #1McMoppoFan
                • Oct 2005
                • 12342

                #22
                Originally posted by 95 whitestang View Post
                Except that I have replaced individual injectors out of the spider in those. You used to be able to order the injectors individually from GM. Each injector has its own set of wires if you look carefully in your picture.

                Right on. The shop was just saying that you can buy an eight pack for about the price of three individuals, and the labors the same.

                I think they are just trying to make a buck since I brought in a vehicle I had already worked on. I do it myself on plumbing jobs. If someone else starts the job and then calls me I pretty much tear out what they did and them start over and charge accordingly

                Comment

                • 95 whitestang
                  TCS Homer
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 3601

                  #23
                  Those injectors are known to be trouble, but if it was running fine before the gasket replacement, I would look elsewhere. Especially if you already have wires turned around and the distributor goofed up.



                  Originally posted by mnstang
                  there isn't one thing that makes tcs look stupid either, it's really just everything.
                  Originally posted by 2 beer
                  By the way, I am not riled up. I simply hate you.

                  Comment

                  • bluchev
                    E.R.E.
                    • Oct 2007
                    • 12863

                    #24
                    Originally posted by 95 whitestang View Post
                    Except that I have replaced individual injectors out of the spider in those. You used to be able to order the injectors individually from GM. Each injector has its own set of wires if you look carefully in your picture.
                    hmm , ive only heard of replacing the whole works. i dont see why youd only replace one or two, when the others are probably not too far behind.

                    where are the wire youre talking about( in the first picture).

                    Comment

                    • SDK
                      #1McMoppoFan
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 12342

                      #25
                      Originally posted by 95 whitestang View Post
                      Those injectors are known to be trouble, but if it was running fine before the gasket replacement, I would look elsewhere. Especially if you already have wires turned around and the distributor goofed up.

                      That sounds bad. I really didn't have it goofed up. I just haven't had time to finish the job and the old man wanted it done.

                      The repair guy says he is pulsing the injectors one at a time and two or more are not opening. ?? Just seems like bullshit but possible I guess.

                      Comment

                      • SDK
                        #1McMoppoFan
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 12342

                        #26
                        Originally posted by bluchev View Post
                        hmm , ive only heard of replacing the whole works. i dont see why youd only replace one or two, when the others are probably not too far behind.

                        where are the wire youre talking about( in the first picture).
                        He means each injector has it's own wire. The harness on top has 16 wires in it. and the connector plug into the top of all eight injectors.

                        Comment

                        • bluchev
                          E.R.E.
                          • Oct 2007
                          • 12863

                          #27
                          well if a couple of them arent working i would replace the whole thing. to prevent future problems. either way its gonna be expensive.

                          Comment

                          • 95 whitestang
                            TCS Homer
                            • Jan 2006
                            • 3601

                            #28
                            That MFI conversion looks pretty interesting. Might be worth looking into.



                            Originally posted by mnstang
                            there isn't one thing that makes tcs look stupid either, it's really just everything.
                            Originally posted by 2 beer
                            By the way, I am not riled up. I simply hate you.

                            Comment

                            • SDK
                              #1McMoppoFan
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 12342

                              #29
                              Originally posted by bluchev View Post
                              well if a couple of them arent working i would replace the whole thing. to prevent future problems. either way its gonna be expensive.
                              1 with a k behind it

                              Comment

                              • bluchev
                                E.R.E.
                                • Oct 2007
                                • 12863

                                #30
                                fuck that. ill do it cheaper than that!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎
                                ☕